Posted On : 26 April, 2013
Every woman has time of drops in hormonal levels at the age of 45 to 50. It is called menopause. After menopausal period, women do not ovulate and periods are stopped.
A proper level of hormones is required to continue menstrual periods. When hormonal levels are dropped from its optimum level, women experience some symptoms, which are known as menopausal syndrome.
However, menopause is a normal event in women’s life so most of women have very little impact over daily activities and no need of any treatment but some women experience aggravated symptoms and need medical treatment for these symptoms.
Medical treatment includes hormonal replacement therapy (HRT), which is not a natural cure.
Ayurveda provides best menopause treatment in natural ways by using some organic herbs, which is considered safer than HRT by most of ayurvedic practitioners.
Cause of menopause:
As above stated, menopause is a natural event in women’s life due to drop in hormonal production. During menopause, ovaries stop egg production.
Estrogen and progesterone levels decrease from its optimum levels. Menstruation is becoming less frequent and eventually stopped thereafter.
This process of cessation menstruation may take one to three years.
Symptoms of menopausal syndrome:
Following symptoms are common in many menopausal women:
1. Hot flashes
2. Sweating at night
4. Decreased interest in love making
5. Hair loss
7. Frequents urination
8. Vaginal dryness
9. Mood swings
11. Anxiety and Depression
12. Irregular heartbeat
13. Joint pains
14. Painful sexual intercourse
15. Vaginal infections (in some women)
Consequences of menopausal syndrome:
Ayurvedic management of menopausal syndrome:
The best menopause treatment is that which have no adverse effects or after effects. You will get rid of undesired symptoms by natural medicines without experiencing any side effects.
Ayurveda has this approach to every disease. Approximately all symptoms of menopausal syndromes are related to overproduction of heat inside the body and it is known as pitta condition in ayurveda.
Therefore, herbs, which pacify heat production in the body, will help in menopausal syndrome. Some of these ayurvedic herbs are given below for informational purposes:
1. Asparagus racemosus: It is cold in its intrinsic nature and very useful in menopausal syndrome. It reduces symptoms of hot flashes, sweating at night and sleeplessness in menopausal women.
Asparagus is rich in nutrients so it is very useful as nutritious tonic as well. It contains natural steroidal saponins, which are responsible for its action. Alkaloids present in the asparagus aids to balance hormones and reduce the impact of esrtogen reduction by which women experiences less discomfort during natural menopause.
2. Liquorice: According to ayurveda, it has cool potency and acts as tonic. It reduces excessive uterine bleeding and vaginal dryness. It soothes female reproductive system and aids natural cessation of menstrual cycle. Glycyrrhizin is an active principle present in liquorice. Glycyrrhizin is responsible for liquorice’s pharmacological action in various diseases. Regular intake of liquorice during menopause allays abnormal symptoms and reduces discomfort and anxiety.
Ayurvedic tips for menopausal syndrome:
Before using any herb, you should consult a doctor. Consultation with ayurvedic or herbal physician helps you to choose best available treatment that easily suits you according to your specific symptoms or disease.
Please send your query and we will reply you shortly.
Ayurveda stads for extensive and elaborate clinical examination to understand thenature of the disease