Modern lifestyle has given rise to a lot of diseases. Popularly known as sedentary lifestyle, people do not move enough and eat junk food resulting in health problems. These can range from mild discomforts such as acidity, bloating, joint stiffness, etc. to life-threatening diseases such as obesity, hypertension, diabetes, etc. Modern medicine offers different treatments for each one of these problems but the approach is not holistic. This has given way to alternative healing therapies from different parts of the world.
Here are a few reasons why alternative healing processes are becoming so popular.
• Ayurveda is a popular system of Indian medicine that is believed to be thousands of years old. It is one of the top alternative healing therapies that utilise the natural self-healing process of the body for the treatment of various diseases. In Ayurveda, it is believed that a disease is just a symptom of an underlying imbalance. If balance can be restored in the body, the disease will fade away.
• One of the biggest reasons why many people believe in alternative healing treatments is that unlike traditional medicine many of them do have any side-effects. Healing methods such as acupuncture, acupressure, and massage can bring great relief in pain to the patient without causing any side-effects or discomfort. Alternative healing therapies provide natural remedies for gout and other such ailments as well without the use of strong chemicals or medicine.
• Another reason why alternative healing therapies are really popular is because many of them can be used in conjunction with traditional medical treatments. Your doctor will be able to tell you which alternative healing therapies will work for you in addition to your normal course of treatment. This can be especially useful in the case of life-threatening diseases where modern science can be the saviour at first while the alternative healing therapies provide relief.
• Alternative healing medicines are purely natural and non-toxic, usually made out of natural herbs, flowers, or leaves. These medicines go in complete harmony with your body and do not have any side-effects on your body. Even though these medicines are slow to work and do not give overnight results, they are better for you in the long run.
• There are many types of alternative healing therapies from different parts of the world. You can choose any one that best suits your lifestyle and needs. You can choose acupuncture, Shiatsu, massage, Ayurveda, Chinese traditional medicine, etc. based on your specific needs. In this globalised world, you can go online to search for the nearest alternative treatment centre or specialist to discuss your health and personal preferences.
Dr. Gurnam Saini has over 15 years’ experience in Ayurvedic naturopathy treatments in Melbourne, Australia. He has completed his bachelor degree in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery from Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, India. He has done MD in Alternative Medicine and certificate courses in Panchakarma Detox, Pulse diagnosis and skin care. In Australia he pursued post graduate degree in mental health from La Trobe University, Melbourne (Australia). He has worked as associated Nurse Unit Management in Eastern Healths, Melbourne for 9 years. He is also a member of the Australasian Association of Ayurveda (AAA). He has won awards for ground-breaking work in Ayurveda globally. Read More