Posted On : 14 August, 2020
The hormone progesterone is high toe sure pregnancy stabilisation in uterus. It leads to slow peristaltic movement in our intestines. This leads to slower and weaker digestion. This can sometimes lead to indigestion and acidity. When the food is sitting in the digestive system for a longer duration, it may lead nausea and vomiting, hence causing those symptoms of morning sickness during pregnancy.
The word morning sickness does not literally mean that the pregnant lady will feel nausea and vomitting only in the morning. In some cases it starts in the afternoon and some other cases the feeling stays there throughout the day.
According to Ayurveda, when the Gabha meaning foetus is formed, the body has natural tendency to increase Kapha dosha in the body to offer high quality nourishment and strength to the foetus. As Kapha doshas is mainly responsible for the growth of the foetus. During this early time of pregnancy, the Vata is reduced, as most of the properties of Vata are opposite to the Kapha dosha. The Vata dosha is mobile in nature and it is responsible for the downward movement of food and digestion. When the Vata is sluggish, it leads to slower digestion and it eventually leads to nausea and vomiting feeling in the pregnant lady.
There are lot of herbal preparation suggested in Ayurveda to alleviate mornnig sickness some of them are very easily available at home. We suggest you to try some of these simple Ayurvedic natural home remedies to help reduce the symptoms of morning sickness.
1. Take one fresh Lemon and squeeze the juice of it. Now take this juice with half teaspoon fresh ginger juice and half a tea spoon of honey. You may add all of these content in water for easier ingestion.
2. You can add a pinch of green cardamon powder into the above juice instead of ginger.
3. Take one glass of water and add half a teaspoon of Curry leaves extract . Now add juice of freshly squeezed one lemon and mix it with one teaspoon of honey. Curry leaves are easily available in supermarket and fresh food stores.
4. Take half a teaspoon of dry coriander seeds and soak them n water for half an hour. Then grind them to form a paste (smooth or coarse paste to your preference). Now mix this paste with an equal amount of natural sugar and lick it to relieve symptoms of morning sickness.
5. Above recipe of coriander seeds can also be taken with rice water to increase its potency.
How to make rice water: Take 2-3 teaspoons of basmati rice in half a cup of water. Now, let it soak for around 10-15 minutes. The water can be stained and drank with above mixture to help reduce the symptoms of morning sickness naturally.
6. Increased Pitta dosha is responsible for any burning or heat sensation. It may lead to acidity and sour taste in the mouth. Fresh coconut water is very good in pacifying aggravated pitta dosha and soothe the digestive lining. Coconut water can help with morning sickness too.
7. Using coconut milk in cooking can help reduce the acidity and morning sickness symptoms.
8. Dry crackers help to neutralise the access acids and enzymes in the stomach and help to reduce the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
I hope you find this article helpful. You can easily make these recipes at home and hopefully able to enjoy your beautiful pregnancy without the stress of morning sickness.
Thank You for Reading!
Contact us to Buy or get more information on various range of Ayurveda medicine in Melbourne at Pure Herbal Ayurved Clinic .
If you wish to consult Ayurveda, you may choose to contact one of our Ayurveda Practitioners Gurnam Saini or Pooja Saini in Melbourne. Both of our Practitioners are Qualified Ayurveda Doctors from India. You may contact us at "Pure Herbal Ayurved Clinic". People who can't reach us personally, may choose for online Ayurveda consultation.
PH- 0061 430 799 515
Disclaimer: The information on any of the Ayurvedic Products, Ayurvedic treatment, Ayurvedic Medicines or other services on Pure Herbal Ayurved clinic website is for educational purposes only. Ayurvedic products should only be taken after Ayurvedic consultation with a Registered Ayurvedic Practitioner. In the website, if any of the Ayurvedic Products mention heavy metals or some prohibited/restricted plants, the reader should understand that these products are not used, prescribed or sold by Pure Herbal Ayurved Clinic in Australia. Reader should not assume that all of the products mentioned on the website are available for prescription in Australia. Website has purely described the uses and indications of these herbal products based on Traditional Ayurvedic text books. These are not for self medication or online purchase. Ayurvedic herbal products should be supplemented with appropriate diet and lifestyle to get beneficial effects. Ayurveda medicine is generally safe if taken under strict supervision of a qualified Ayurveda Practitioner, but it may also cause adverse reactions in rare cases. We suggest that you discuss your Ayurvedic treatment plan with your Medical Practitioner to ensure safe and effective use.
Have a Query?
Please send your query and we will reply you shortly.
Ayurveda stads for extensive and elaborate clinical examination to understand thenature of the disease